A critical component of the ‘health’ of a company is its culture. Culture is about the way things are done and the way people behave. Too often we find that companies’ cultures are too aggressive or too passive. Both are reflected in the experience that the customer receives. Having a ‘Constructive Culture’ is deemed to be the most successful across all industries. A Constructive Culture means that people interact with each other and approach tasks in ways that will help them to meet their higher-order satisfaction needs. They pursue a standard of excellence, maintain personal integrity, and are supportive of one another. This drives the following outcomes:
- People are satisfied with their department & like working for their organisation
- People are motivated to do the best job possible
- There is a lot of teamwork & cooperation with their co-workers
- People make customers feel welcome, take time to listen to customers and deliver what they promise
- People get a lot of repeat business and they have a reputation for excellent customer service
The Metta approach is to define your desired culture and build the roadmap to get there.