A critical component of the ‘health’ of a company is its culture. Culture is about the way things are done and the way people behave. Too often we find that companies’ cultures are too aggressive or too passive. Both are reflected in the experience that the customer receives. Having a ‘Constructive Culture’ is deemed to be the most successful across all industries. A Constructive Culture means that people interact with each other and approach tasks in ways that will help them to meet their higher-order satisfaction needs. They pursue a standard of excellence, maintain personal integrity, and are supportive of one another. This drives the following outcomes:
- People are satisfied with their department & like working for their organisation
- People are motivated to do the best job possible
- There is a lot of teamwork & cooperation with their co-workers
- People make customers feel welcome, take time to listen to customers and deliver what they promise
- People get a lot of repeat business and they have a reputation for excellent customer service
The Metta approach is to define your desired culture and build the roadmap to get there.
Sales coaching maximises the sales results from individual sales people by helping them change key behaviours.
This behavior could be attitudinal (like encouraging persistence or action orientation) or skill based (like listening or closing). The coaching follows the international coaching federation GROW model where Goals are set, Reality interrogated, Options explored and then actions agreed and Wrapped up.
1. Developmental Coaching
This option is self-directed by the sales person who chooses the goal and nominates the preferred outcomes. The manager then guides the sales person through a tailored combination of developmental coaching techniques. Developmental coaching is suitable for the achievement of any sales outcome chosen by the sales person.
2. Performance Coaching
Performance Coaching is for situations where the manager chooses the goal to be achieved by the sales person. This style of coaching is useful where there is below standard sales performance and the manager must encourage behaviour or attitudinal change.
Metta use techniques recognised by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) to achieve lasting results. METTA coaching is suitable for goals such as achieving high sales performance, influencing people, making important presentations, negotiating high stakes deals or dealing internally. The process of sales coaching is illustrated in the coaching model below.
Coaching assists you to bring out the best in yourself. By engaging in a coaching relationship, you can expect to gain new perspectives and achieve meaningful goals.
We recommend that coaching commences with a recognized 360 feedback tool to set a context for the coaching conversation and to allow for specific behavior goal setting.
The Metta approach to coaching is about:
- Setting goals and then staying on track
- Creating solutions
- Gaining new perspectives on values and beliefs
- Understanding how you can change your thoughts and behaviours
- Reflection, insight and action
- Improving your overall sense of wellbeing
- Developing and executing a personal development plan
Positive Psychology is the context for our coaching work. This approach looks at the link between overall wellbeing and corporate performance. Recent research indicates people who are happy and well also deliver a wide range of benefits to their organization such as:
- Better health – live longer, less illness
- More effective relationships internally and with customers
- Make more money
- More resilient and action oriented
- Are more effective leaders
- Receive better client and colleague feedback
A Metta Executive coaching program is tailored for the specific needs of the particular individual coached and is designed to assist executives gain and maintain maximum levels of professional effectiveness.